PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo 360
Thread: Cargo 360
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 09:22
Zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 32 years as a freightdog with 5 to go and only having worked for 2 companies I would like to make the following comments.

Never ever make a lateral or downward career move. Look at your present situation and make an honest assessment of the move under consideration. I have watched many folks leave for a start up they thought would be the next FedEx only to be disappointed and sorry. Always look up.

I have seen many early retirees come and go. Most do not last as freightdogs. It just isn’t their thing. All of them have been fine people and pilots; they just didn’t fit the freightdog mold. Considering that early retirees are threatening to sue their former comrades over pension issues I don’t think they will be giving any salary back.

It is a sad commentary on the state of our business that Cargo 360 is making applicants pay for everything. I don’t like it but Cargo 360 is just taking advantage of current market conditions and will probably have no problems getting people willing to pay. It could be they have savvy management or they are just cheap. Time will tell.

Last I heard KAL 747 classics were among the highest time airframes out there. They had one with 142,000 hours. Think about it.