PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberalizing medical requirements
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 08:44
Otterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my medical yesterday. Was told that the rulemaking is being reviewed by all the EU national authorities. My AME is very high up the food chain here in my country, and he told me that he expects them to be handed back with the added comments around September, then they will have to be translated into proper law. The language of the original law will be English. Then the national authorities will have to translate the new rules into their own languages before the new regulations become law in their respective countries.
In my country they have already decided that they will waive the translation step as far as implementation goes. Some things are already being used, no more colour-blindness test is being given, except during your initial class 1. But the person giving me my eye tests did not have any ideas on else was going to change.
My AME figured that it was about 75% sure that the deadline for November 1, 2006 was going to be met in my country. But the exact rules won’t be known for a few more months.
Greetings O.