PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 14th Jun 2006, 08:18
fly_away

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ness1

Originally Posted by Ness1
Ok, so we can all the see the benefits of being a Flight Attendant and primarily, working for the Emirates group.

But with every pro there is a con....

Can any Cabin Crew explain the downside of having this kinda job? I'm assuming the long hours, tiring job, living out of a suitcase but what else?

What about your social life perhaps??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Long hours yes, and for emarites ive heard its alot of night duty.
I'm cc for an airline in oz, and yes it is hard on you body especially in the first 6 months, your tired you body hurts, you sleep alot, then you get use to it!!!
you get to meet heaps of people, no you wont like them all and you have to bite your lip to not say something you dont want to.
yes you do miss out on things like xmas,birthdays,easter etc, but there is oppotunities to get them off. i worked my bday last year, but had xmas off, and easter off too.
i ve missed friends birthdays and with my friends calling me when they are out drunk and i'm in perth or somewhere like that. but you accept it, and remember things like ive seen the whole of australia by age 24.
i went to fiji for $150.00 return of which i took my friend and she got the travel benifits too.
i get 3 to 4 days off in a row sometimes,
ive learnt so much, i earn a good wage and have to chance to make more in a month if i want to.
so yeah, with good comes bad, you social life will be altered a little, and you have to want to do it. hope this helps.