PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 14th Jun 2006, 07:53
sapolski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skyhigh15

Hi,

Yes the day was pretty much the same as what fly_away described, when i handed in my cv they actually didn't ask me anything i made conversation with them. I did hear them ask a few people though why they wanted to work for emirates. Once i handed in my cv i left and they called about 4 later on that afternoon. The next day one of the first excercises we did was introduce the next person next to you. They gave us a couple of things to find out about the person and then we had to stand and repeat what we had learnt. Can really remember the group discussions exactly but it the first discussion was along the lines of choosing ten people we wanted to invite to a dinner and choosing the theme for the dinner. Obviously they just walk around assessing how everyone interacts with other people. The second discussion was a scenario regarding a business. We had to choose a team building excercise for work colleagues to participate in, keeping in mind that some people have children and that two of the employees were known for their drinking. Then it was on to the psychometric testing. I think there was around 80 people at the open day, about 60 then next day for testing with around 20 at the end. Like the recruiters said, they have no quota's at the moment. They are not recruiting a certain amount. They are putting forward as many as they feel are suitable.

I hope this information helps. Like everyone has said in this forum, just make sure you smile, are friendly and chat to everyone and just be yourself. Make sure you participate in the group discussion but don't be too dominant. Good luck and i hope it all goes well for you!!