PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 06:58
charlie55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A View of the Future

I can't say I've ever thought too well of the RAF administration system, not the boys and girls in SHQ, but the way the whole system functions. In 30 years there has always been something wrong, but mostly it has been rectifiable by some individual that you can find, if you have the time. I suppose I've quite enjoyed funding my fun myself and then claiming the cost back. Has anyone ever worked out how much this saved the MoD?

JPA breaks new ground in administration. The fact that no beta testing was done (evidently), indeed no-one with half a clue about service admin even cast an eye over what EDS was about to perpetrate, is indicative of the brave new world in which we live. Well I'm off, and glad to be so. No doubt it will all be sorted out eventually, over budget and well beyond any target date. Will EDS get to pay for their incompetence? No, because they covered their backsides by saying the product they developed was not fit for purpose.

I would encourage those of you who are frustrated to write to your MP, virtually nothing else will have any effect, as the brick wall is already built.