PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Policies at EK (The Green Dot Thread)
Old 14th Jun 2006, 04:59
grumpy_bugger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Policies at EK (The Green Dot Thread)

Although much has been said about the falling standards of new recruits at EK I think it fair to acknowledge that in the current environment of rapid expansion this was inevitable and is a function of pilots available and the experience levels of the same.
As a result of this and personal observations over the past few years I have come up with a set of policies (that might be added to) that can be printed off and once read, be signed before the commencement of a flight duty.
1. Thou shalt not taxi with the nose wheel on the taxiway lights
2. When changing radio frequencies listen before transmitting to ensure you aren’t transmitting over someone else
3. When using the radio English is the language we use
4. Aircraft radios are not the appropriate medium to chat with your mates; I recommend the pub for this, or else the telephone
5. We do not deviate around ground returns from the weather radar; use the tilt function and look out the window
6. We do not both have the radar on maximum range at night whilst engrossed in the Sudoku; you will not see the top of the next CB
7. Don’t concentrate solely on the radar picture. Look out the window; its amazing what you will see
8. Don’t ask for block clearances in RVSM airspace. If you cant climb 2000’ stay where you are until you can
9. Check your FMS descent profile against altitude and distance to run. Inserting altitude and speed constraints into the flight plan changes the computed profile and its not always accurate
10. Don’t touch the speed brake without asking; its probably not necessary. If you end up in level flight with flap out you have probably cocked it up
11. It is permissible to fly clean below green dot speed
12. If ATC impose speed constraints requiring flap and there are many miles to run request extra track miles and maintain a higher (clean) speed
13. Do not accept speed constraints that are unreasonable or inconsistent with the characteristics of your aircraft or company SOPs
14. When acting as PNF and a configuration change command is given; check the speed and do it. There is no rule against selecting gear and flaps at the same time
15. If landing on a 4000m runway the touchdown zone is the same as a 2200m runway. Performing a “greaser” 1000m from the threshold might impress the punters but it doesn’t impress me
16. Thou shalt not taxi with the nose wheel on the taxiway lights
17. It is your job to give the Cabin Crew their hours not mine
18. In the CBC after a flight the prime objective is to get out of there as quickly as possible. If you want to chat with your mates get a taxi because I’m gone.
I have read and understood the above requirements and agree to abide by them.
First Officer _________________________ Date:
Signed: _____________________________