PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar pilot life expectancy
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 04:00
bushy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just like GA?

It appears that the airlines and the airline pilots are exploting each other just like many pilots and companies in GA do. To the extreme.

It is supply and demand, and the supply is excessive, due to the flying schools feeding "feelgood fairy stories" to the wannabies in order to make money.i

Many of these wannabies then find out what the situation really is, and prostitute themselves to try and get ahead of their "mates", and do great harm to GA in the process. The airlines love it. So do the flying schools. But it is only the second rate GA companies that love it.They can get cheap pilots.Their old aeroplanes have new paint, and new pilots, many of whom are out of their depth..

Are we really surprised that this is now starting to happen in our airline system? . Let's face it. Many of the airline pilots are the same "wannabies" who prostituted themselves to get where they are.
Are some of them still doing it? Have the airline pilots in this country developed a culture that says "bugger it I am going to look after me, no matter what it takes. Ethics, honesty, and fair play are only for losers"

Todays airline pilots have set these standards. It's coming back to bite you.