PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 02:18
Formski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digging this thread up again as it seems to have slipped away...
Thought I'd update on my application after waiting the 3 months - had my JOES day, pilot specialization tests and assessment day last month. It was definately an interesting experience and so far recruiting seems quite positive about my chances. Was interesting being a latter aged applicant (I'm 27 now) as the defence interviewer was an Army pilot who couldn't have been 12 months older than I was. And the Psych was the same guy who interviewed me 10 years ago when I first applied! Thankfully he had no hesitation in recommending me through.
Unfortunately I have to get a few medical letters before they send my application off to Tamworth. I need an opthomologist report (I'm slightly shortsighted) and a report from my orthopedic surgeon for a bankhart repair on my right shoulder about 5 years ago. I'm hoping he stands up for the quality of his work
For those that have been through the system or are there currently, how many opportunities are there to visit wives/husbands while at IOT at Point Cook? Also how long does it take before you're 'brought back together'? (i.e. after Combat Survival Training?)
Marco