PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines Interview
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2006, 23:52
taiwanparadise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did get your point, brother.

A double standard. I know. So what? That's their system. You (we) are living in their system. You (we) are working in their system. Don't fight againt the system. The best wisdom in life is to live with the system. Don't try to change the system to fit your life, but change your life to fit the system. The sooner you learn this wisdom the better the rest of your life will be.

And... don't blame them, ok, brother! If you are in their shoes, you would do exactly the same thing. I don't know where you are from, but let's say you are from Brazil. You are in charge of the company. You have your own people working for you, who speak the same language, share the same culture, and share the same color of skin. They will have their family in Brazil. They will build up your company bigger and better. And, they will fight for the country until death. At the same time, you also have expatriates, who don't even try to learn your language or culture. They don't try to make the company a better place, but just complain all day. And, you know, as soon as they build up some good experiences, they will leave your country without saying "bye bye" for you, or without cleaning up the mess they make. Would you still treat them the same way as your own boys? I bet you won't.

Let me tell you... For the next five years (minimum), you work as hard as you start bleeding your ass, without saying a word of complain. You learn Chinese and you learn the Taiwanese cultures. If, after that long and hard work, they still treat you unfairly, then you can start complaining... not to your fellow co-workers, but to your boss. Can you do that? If you leave the company within less than two years or so, just because no one cares about your big "dream" or no one treats you right, I bet for the rest of your life you will always be doing the same. "Bitching about your life"

Good luck, brother.