PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL Ground Exams
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2006, 14:02
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with Littco, I just did MET and Airframes and Systems and reckon that 90% of the questions were word for word as per the Bristol ATP database. The remainder differed only very slightly and were either a play on words or used different formatting. By way of example, in Airframes there was 1 Appendix to the June exam which had a schematic of a fuel system. As luck would have it the EXACT same diagram was in the Bristol ATP database. Tricky huh!

While I am at it heres a tip for you if you haven't already come across it. If you are using the ATP database do take the time to sit through ALL of the questions (yep there can be up to a thousand of them for say MET). By doing a random mock paper you are not guaranteed of seeing all of those tricky little questions that just might pop up eg: Whats a cumulous congestus!!!. You can set a starting point for questions and also the number of questions you want to sit so you can do all the questions in blocks of say 100 questions at a time which makes life more bearable. My approach was to type into MS Word any questions and answers that I struggled with. Then I took the exam again to try and get it into my thick skull. I must have been at the database for a good month prior to the exams not wanting to leave anything to chance.