PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Bruges from the UK
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2006, 08:13
Flying Boat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I've flown into EBOS several times, once to visit Brugge (don't forget they are Flemish not Walloon in this part of Belgium) but from Jersey.

The airport are very helpful from the marshaller, met, air traffic, big self briefing room, customs to all landside.

I parked a PA28 there about 3 years ago for 5 nights, due to storms and was helped with concrete blocks to ensure my steed didn't run away (the one that arrived that night was a super powerful doozy).

The landing/parking fee came to just over £16.

If you want fuel you need to check which supplier you need.
When I was there last, BP would only accept aviation cards, but Merlin accepted all major credit cards, created about a 30 minute delay.

You can go by bus to the station by the port and then the next stop on the train to Brussels, or, you can go by taxi for around £25 - 35.

When I stayed in Brugge it was at the Sofitel, on the edge of the medieval centre, opposite the water feature with the mermaid that squirted water from her nipples.

The restaurants are very nice all around there, and for TinTin buffs there is a TinTin shop just off the market square.

Chokolade is a must in this part of the world, as is Jenever (Gin) and not forgetting Bier.

Can't go wrong in Brugge, but if you can, also spend a night in Ostende I was pleasently surprised when I had to overnight there: a lovely pub attached to a small hotel called the kleine bottletje - a menu solely dedicated to booze, especially gin.

Have fun.

FB