PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 13th Jun 2006, 01:41
schu9648

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I LOVE THIS FORUM!

Hi everyone,
I can not actually believe that I registered so i can participate in this forum, considering I am so technology illiterate!
but i just want to say this forum is amazing... and it makes me feel so happy that everyone's so nice that they want to help one another!
I applied online last week at the emirates website, and I am from Sydney but I still have not received an email for the open day. after reading all the messages I might actually pop in anyway...
BUT there is one thing. I am still in the middle of my studies at university! I am currently doing a combined degree which means that i could be in uni for another 2 years! although I am actually willing to just drop down to one degree if I got an offer to fly for the Emirates. But even then I think it will still be another year from graduation
Do you think I should still apply? perhaps will they be impressed that I am that keen? or do you think I should wait til next year when my graduation is on the cards.
Otherwise, if they like me enough will they 'defer' my offer til I finish my studies??
in addition, do you think having a degree will be a disadvantage/advantage?? I have spoken to someone who applied to the Emirates, but they said that they dont necessarily want rocket scientists! (not that i am one!!)