PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unhygenic PAX
Thread: Unhygenic PAX
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2006, 00:09
tuismile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhygenic PAX

I operated a 3 hour delayed ALC the other day which wasn't too bad on the outbound. However.... on the inbound flight, we had a few specials (pax with wheelchairs)...

There was one elderly woman with her son...who had blisters on her legs and feet and pus oozing out of her ankles (sorry to be so graphic).But worst of all..she smelt absolutley offensive!!! U can tell that her son had not been looking after her properly at all (not saying that it's totally his fault).. PAX at the bottom of the stairs could smell her and it got to the point where we were literally heaving...

Also when she got onto the aircraft, it was time to get her out of the wheelchair... her legs were so weak, that she couldn't actually stand up...she collapsed onto the floor. It took at least 15 mins for the woman to be put into her seat, then it was time to board the PAX. we had to move the passengers around the woman away from her, we had to spray aftershave and perfume onto tissues to help us deal with the smell. We informed the captain of this...and suggested offloading her and her son..he however decided to let her be. I understand that airlines have slots and an aircraft on the ground is not making money, however, when it comes to hygiene..bearing in mind that we are serving food on this flight...I do not think this is acceptable. The flight deck could smell the odour from the LOCKED, BULLET PROOF flight deck door!!!

I personally don't think she should have been allowed to leave the UK in the first place...maybe I'm being harsh...

Does anyone else have any other views????