PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASYJET FO TAKE HOME PAY(AFTER PAYRISE)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2006, 00:06
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JVDS and others - no one is getting upset here other than people like yourself who think everyone else is! As I said previously, this is a rational debate on the subject of pay and conditions at easyJet and I think it is being conducted in an entirely reasonable manner.

My own positon is that I really like working for easyJet and am well paid, particularly after the latest pay rise. The deal is particularly good if you are not living around the London area but less so if you are. Her Stiffler has picked up on an important issue - the problem of working at Gatwick on the pay being given. Our otherwise superb union, has taken a negotiating position which says that there will alsways be one pay rate for the job regardless of location. I personally do not agree with that and would like to see a London weighting. I would also have no problem with easyJet opening bases in the old Eastern Europe and paying less money there. The big question would be how much less followed closely by an agreement to prevent losing work to 'cheaper' bases. This is extremely contraversial and would need to be well-researched before signing up to anything. Nonetheless I would in principle be in favour of this.