PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR CABIN CREW
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2006, 21:56
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think that the tone of both of your posts are diabolical as opposed to the crew at Ryanair. Whilst it is true that some of their crews may have the hump (no Leo Hairy Camel puns were intended) by the end of a four sector shift, I've had the pleasure of flying on many Ryanair flights where the crew were just as good as any charter, no-frills or indeed some flag carriers. Is it true that Ryanair work their staff very hard for pretty poor terms & conditions? Yes, it is! But is it also true that they have made flying affordable to most Europeans, have bolstered the economy for many of the regions around the out-of-town airports they serve and provided a lot of employment both directly & indirectly? Yes to all of those.

I hate to say it, but when you fly Ryanair, you need to forget any notions of glamorous flying, and think of travelling by bus or train - considering the majority of the prices are comparable to these modes of transport. Ryanair have, in my opinion despite working for the competition, done a fantastic job in stirring a revolution in Europe's skies, and if a crew member doesn't smile to me (which most of the time they always do, both onboard and strolling through the terminal) then I remember how much I paid for this flight, and whether before FR begun flying whether I would have been able to afford this trip!

Viva Ryanair!