PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2006, 15:48
Flyboy543

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Menzies have gone down hill a bit since the start of the season. Not quite sure why, but most of the incidents, (5 in about 2 or 3 weeks of what I know) point to poor or lack of training of staff, and not being aware of the situation the member of staff is in. Some if not all could have been genuine accidents and they would have to be very unlucky if that was the case.

From what I understand its not the airport, but both BMI and TCX that have given Menzies a 60 or 90 day 'trial period' as such to improve their act or face having consequences. Not quite sure what they would be as I don't think Servisair would be able to take on BMI at the moment, especially when their overstretched as it is! The airport is involved when Menzies leave equipment on stand once their aircraft has left, this is happening a lot lately, steps or GPU and other equipment being left on stand, so having to be called out to move it for incoming aircraft.

I guess we'll just see what happens with time, and hope they improve to keep the contracts and get new ones