PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol - Any questions, please ask!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2006, 12:49
fabrifx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lon More
Fabrifix Calm down. If you think the job makes you "Histerical" (sic) then you really should be looking elsewhere.
The title of this thread is perhaps a bit arrogant.You all have questions about Eurocontrol, but, as wannabes you are in no position to have the full picture.A number of people who actually know what they are talking about have joined in.
TT ( now living a quiet life elsewhere) was an instructor at IANS and also a valued colleague at Maastricht)
The lovely Moira makes a very valid point. It's not about notches on your gun. It will take a lot of determination on your part to get through, if you don't want it 100% try something else. There will be an enormous investment, financially and timewise, made in you. We don't want to see it go to waste.

fabrifx: "no soccer team talks about winning the world cup before reaching the finals and actually winning it."

The Engerland team does
You are totally right saying that it will be diificult and that we'll have to sweat hard to obtain something, but the only thing I was trying saying is that I really want to become an ATCO(more than 100% sure ) but I don't think it is the right time to think about the course..when and IF I will be lucky(and smart) enough to pass all 4 test phases, then I will start realising how my life will change and start learning what my responsibilities will be and the effort it will take me to become a good ATCO. I'm a very calm person and I don't like talking too much in advance, because it'll seem that I 'm arrogant and presumptuous and this isn't me!!

By the way, i don't know why the english bookmakers say the final will be Italy-Brazil and quote italy's victory 1.4 and Brazil 1.5...I'm italian but after all the scandals that are coming out lately, I don't think we deserve it at all!!