PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Common Strip Display
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2006, 11:05
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Come on Nats boffins,show me how you display that on CSD. "

They can't. It's as simple as that. That is a local problem of which your training department will have to come up with a solution. Your display will then be different from everyone elses and will then not be common. Pointless!
We in southern Scotland are in a similar situation.

The thing that irritates me is we are being sold this as a 'safety issue' rather than the truth of it needs to come in before introducing the EFPS to make things simple. I agree the whole thing is Bu****it. Each unit is different but once on unit everyone uses the same strip display. The Manc incident was an error. They happen. When we were being presented with the CSD, Rob S showed us that it couldn't happen with the new system, but it wouldn't happen with the old system either, IT WAS AN ERROR!

My major gripe is that we have a date of implimentation for this. I and others will not be signing up for this if we are not ready and as previously stated we are to be trained during the busiest period of the year. We don't have a lot of flexibility in the workforce and I am not signing ready until the old ways have been wiped from my brain. Same old story if I embarass myself I will get no back up from above.