PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Common Strip Display
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2006, 08:45
Talkdownman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pikman et al, I know how you feel!
At my APC unit we have two methods of identifying whether strips are inbound or outbound. They are: colour of FPS holder and ALSO format of FPS. After nearly four decades using 'outbounds blue, inbounds buff' for CDS reasons we have had to reverse the FPS holder colours for inbounds and outbounds. I think we have all overcome it but I still find a tendency to 'revert to type' especially when the FPS supplied is of the incorrect format. This leads me to conclude that the significance of the holder colour has now been degraded and that the FPS format provides the greater cue. The next CDS move, apparently, is to mix time order and vertical in the same display. The apparent intention is as follows: The inbounds will be displayed using the time-honoured 'lowest and earliest' method but the outbounds, however, will be displayed inversely, ie 'highest and earliest', and bear a departure sequence number, which, to all intents and purposes, is 'vertical'. This becomes even more confusing when the departure sequence is changed by TWR. I believe that this undermines proven lowest and earliest techniques and that the changes are frought with risk. Fortunately I won't have to endure these misguided directives for much longer.
Chevvron, you did well to adapt from the clipboard and 'blank chits'........