PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big house wall Horn Island
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2006, 07:29
zooropa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe I could say it any better than stopwhining12, thanks for that post mate. You must have done it hard up there like we all did. But still, I'll put in my 50 cents worth.

What this fella did shows nothing but lack of respect for the hard work put in up there, and a total lack of respect for the friendships that were made, not only between fellow pilot's, but other people working in the Straits (ie School teachers and former nurses were known to have signed the wall after a Big House drink-up). Alot of these messages (including mine) thanked the people they worked beside. Some even mentioned a good mate of ours who was killed the the Lockhart crash. Wonder if this prick even read the messages before painting over them? It just made my blood boil when I heard this news.

stopwhining12 put it right. You would spend countless nights on the booze at the big house (probably with nuts out) reading over former pilot's messages, and would wonder what you would write when your time to escape that hell-hole came.

To the criminal himself, what you have done was NEVER EVER EVER called for. I'm not sure of your aviation background, but word spreads like bushfire in General Aviation. I know this because when I heard the news, I immediatly text all pilot's who had written on that wall. Let us just say you are not winning any votes with us.

Now to the salvage mission. A firm handshake to those boys who went into repair mode. You boys will certainly recieve a shout (or brown drink if you please) from me when ever I see you next. You boys are champions, and we all sincerely thank you.

And another shout-out to the criminal at hand.....Any thoughts on your farewell message? Sure it won't be on the wall for long....................