PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the Grass Greener on the Other Side??
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2006, 19:55
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left three years ago after 28 years in blue and haven't looked back. Better quality of life, no stress, the ability to say no or yes if that's what I want. More chances to progress into management junior and senior, a company that pays handsomely for any overtime incurred as a result of operational problems and above all respect for the individual. As Jess says you never hear just get on with it or do as you are told out here. IMHO based on my experiences the grass is greener in Civvy street.

Yes if I am honest the first 18 months were a little hard being on training pay but I now earn more than I did when I was in mob for a lot less hours and a lot less hassle. The only things I miss are all the wonderful people I worked with, but that would have happened eventually any way.

Just a thought, a lot of military guys are leaving/have left. Where I work we have quite a few with many more applying weekly. If you defer the decision to go you may miss out on all the good jobs especially if the exit rate turns into a stampede!!