PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2006, 12:46
fatrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHS, I too have worked for both Multi National and NGO, and have to say that the Multi looked after me far better than the NGO. I knew my pay would be in the bank on the correct day, and I did not have to fight to get allowances. As much as vicey is stirring the pot, I have to say that I firmly believe that the day of the chook raffle is over, and a commercial operator should step in and continue with the job. The current NGO's do not seem to realise that NSW Health/Ambulance are the CUSTOMER, and should be treated accordingly. The NGO's have for many years told the CUSTOMER that they will do it the way they say, because the CUSTOMER don't know what they are talking about. I would suggest that after many years of crap from the services that work for them the CUSTOMER may just have had a gutful of being treated like fools. At least the commercial operators have an understanding of how to treat the CUSTOMER, and I would not be surprised to see some unhappy campers of the NGO type at the anouncement of the winning tender. I expect that there will be several commercial operators doing some serious number crunching over the next few weeks for a slice of a min 7 year contract.

Fatty