PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help regarding entering into a flying school
Old 11th Jun 2006, 12:38
mintoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help regarding entering into a flying school

I recently responded to an advertisement in a news paper regarding admission in a reputed flying school in India; called IGRUA (Indira Gandhi Rastriya Uran Akademi).It is a nationally reputed flying club under the government of India itself. It is conducting an entrance exam for a course which would give me a CPL and most probably I might get to be a domestic airline pilot for the government airlines like Indian Airlines, Air India .etc. The real problem is their difficult selection procedure. It would consist of:
1. A written test in <1>GENERAL ENGLISH <2>MATHS <3>PHYSICS <4>REASONING based on 12 th class level
2. A pilot Aptitude Test (most probably WOMBAT test)
3. An Interview at IGRUA

The exams are in next month. Therefore kindly help me with the following question:
1. What kind of question can one expect for reasoning type of question?
2. Since I have done my class 12 in science stream I am not too much worried about math and physics, but still what areas should a pilot should be especially strong in, with regards to math and physics?
3. What can I expect in pilot aptitude test?
4. What kind of questions will they ask me in the interview and what exactly will they be looking in me?
5. What areas should stress in English?

kindly help me out.thank you.