PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving helicopter with engine/rotors running - merged threads
Old 11th Jun 2006, 09:48
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mama.
Mon dieu! ~ Point Taken ~ Merci.
I have now checked, I guess I was lulled into a false sense of his knowledge and experiences by his quote or exercise in hole digging (below) found in another thread, which I’ve addressed over there.

“friday-saturday party too much alcohol. your right though, i did say something stupid. the adf is the best in the world, we even taught the americans how to fight during vietnam. i guess i was just upset after watching the gangs in dili with the aussies not capable of doing much. answered by fire on the abc, backs that up back in 1999. notice the gov't didnt help the timorese for 25 yrs until they realised timor was just a stepping stone for the indonesians.”

No doubt if / when young bally becomes a legislator he will have plenty of answers.

Regarding the thread:-
Today was another typical seven hour low level uncomfortable experience. Big highs have kicked in down south meaning at a hover - er - stationary position at 100 feet the ASI indications over every ten second cycle go down to zero and up to 32 knots.
Power reqd for that with the governor off is fairly steady at 18 inches. With the governor on the MAP indicates something totally abhorrent to me, a St Vitas dance of fury for the whole drivetrain, oscillating between 15” and 21” several times in that cycle. Someone please tell me these governors are good for the aircraft!
Economy was @ 25 lts/hr, 11% less fuel burn than usual and being light on the seat every ten minutes or so is the norm. A bit like being dumped by the breakers, certainly no place for an unattended little R22 on the ground at full RPM!

However, small beer compared to many other jobs!