PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2006, 23:35
fly_away

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hope this helps

gal! you need to chill out, for one reason that the recruitment officers can see right through it, and lets think about it you dont want to have a nervous showing person in an aircraft when something is going wrong.
so lets jsut take a breather...........
now i could work for virgin as cabin crew, i went throuhg the interview process two years ago so i know it has been changed with the layout of it, however they are still looking for the same behavioural things.
1. your not nervous.....remember that, so relax and try and have fun and take it as a learning curve.
2. remember smile smile smile, you HAVE to be approchable.
3. most important......three words remember...........COMMUNICATION, SAFTEY, TEAM WORKING. i'm not going to tell you but think about why those things are important to an airline. what would happen if you didnt have those three things.
4. when your answering the questions they ask you in the one on one interview they will want your answers to be exact......for example......" today i went on the computer and went to the website and found this gal asking questions about vb interview. i then decised to write to her, i did this because i know how it felt when i was going for my first interview." get it???? and remember to relate everything back to those three words.
5. interact as much as you can.........but dont be pushy...........listen to others...but dont sit back and say nothing...do not talk over people........use body language........knod your head when you agree with somone...........praise others..........encourage others.............be confident............remember "you are woman give me power"!!!.......and remember....yes you are competing againsed others but try and work as a team it helps.

Clothing..............personally........suit with skirt.tan stockings. thats jsut my personal oppinion.
Hair..........neat a must. no re-growth. if its really long yes bun it. if its about shoulder length abit longer just a below the nape of the neck. and i know it sounds stupid but put a red,pink,whatever ribbon in it so that your a touch diff to everone else.
Eye makeup............yes, remember your not going clubbing so no pander eyes or smokey eyes. plain black or brown eyeliner with mascara, and lipgloss/stick all day a must. eye shadow if you want but dont over do it.
Age..............you jsut have to be 18. but be a mature 18. if youve travelled on your own,lived on your own that will help so try and incorporate that in your answers.
there might be 100people there. some are nice some are....well you know.
talk to everyone in breaks at the start a must.
remember its like big brother...........someone is always watching you.
dont want to scare you but there may be a recruitment officer that will be "undercover" should we say. so be carefull about what you say to everyone. rememebr everone looks great and do not bitch about anyone.
Dont worry about language.
VCE a must.
Height dont worry.

hope this helps babe. good luck, and chill out!
oh go onto the "anything to do with emarites" bit and go to like pages 70ish and find my post called "how the emarites interview day went in melbourne" the questions vb will ask will be similar to those.