PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm Italian-american citizen with a candian wife...
Old 10th Jun 2006, 20:44
click

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sec 3 you mentioned 'your' country several times. Which, pray tell, passport are you travelling on so extensively? I've got two and I can tell you which one is held in the highest esteem and regard. It's the one that stands for freedom. I escaped from communism in the 70's as a little kid. Canada gave us our home. It gave us a chance, I proudly became a Canadian. You had the lucky stars to be born here, I made a choice. Despite all the things you mentioned it's still the best country in the world and this July 1st, I will take out my Canadian flag lawnchair and pin the flag on the window. Some things have changed in the last 30 years, that's true, but it's a worldwide phenomenon. I doubt that there is a country on this planet that doesn't have a problem with the medical system and the pension system. It's the penalty we have to pay for progress. Perhaps it's the penalty for having a democratic form of government, I don't know. What I do know is that I will always be a Canadian, if not by birth, then by choice.
click