PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern Flying College
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2006, 16:33
Monopole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He will be receptive and willing to help
Yeah sure. What ever

Like any other, be prepared. Neat and tidy, polite, slightly early, flexible and most importantly honest.
I'll agree to this one

4. How do you think you would cope with living in Merredin? Have you been there? Have you lived away from home before? How will you cope with one and half supermarkets, 2 pubs and not much else?
The two pubs use to be good in the days of being sent home early to save duty times. Not much good now though!!

They won't stuff around
Bull Sh!t

KNOW Jandakot procedures
Yeah... Just like the managers doing the checks new the procedures when they did their checks.

Don't remove the rear cushion unless you are quite tall. Don't remove the rear and bum cushion unless you are a giant.
Very sound advice

Use your feet, especially changing power
. Ok.. Be aware of the balance (as in all a/c), however the Grob 115C2 needs bugger all rudder EVER.

low nose attitudes compared to other trainers
This is what suprises most people. Be aware of this one the most .

The aircraft is light and very responsive
Yeap. Something from memory like 990Kg MTOW with a 180 H/P CSU. It goes like the clappers...

Have the balls to go round if required
Be careful with the go around. Although the Grob has plently of grunt, the attitude change from approach to go-around attitude with 60 degree of flap will be uncomfortable for the unfamiliar .

because they can be difficult to land
Not really. CSWAFC Instructors always use to sprout this. Dont be put off by this one at all.

can't make that decision
I wont go here, but sounds like a very real case of the pot calling the ketttle black to me .

Professional company and people to work with
Stangely enough I'll actually agree to this, although unfortunately a few are excepted (much like most company's I suppose)

All the best though mate. It's not as bad as it use to be. Some early Ppruners will remember some shocking stories...