PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EH101 Merlin
Thread: EH101 Merlin
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2001, 00:16
Pat Gerard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have been flying helicopters for over 15000 hrs, including nearly 1000 on the EH101. I have been very happy to do that because I did not think too much about mechanical or structural failures. I have been trained to react to emergencies, but only to the ones I can do something about.

Lu, I greatly admire your technical knowledge and I enjoy your comments. I am also glad that someone is looking after my safety.
However, if there is nothing I can do about a particular problem, then I try to ignore it. I am too old to find an other job, and yet too young to retire. Therefore if you can do something about safety that I can't, good. Otherwise, I do not really want to know.

BIT

You want to know what pilots think of the 101 ? Well, I love it. I was involved in the maturity program of the aircraft and wish I could fly it again. I did things with it that I had never done with any other aircraft. I flew PP8 and PP9, wich were not "new" flying machines. We flew nearly 6000 accident and incident free hours.As far as I am concerned, the a/c delivered what was required.

[ 03 August 2001: Message edited by: Pat Gerard ]