PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE - 2
Thread: HUMBERSIDE - 2
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2006, 14:17
Teevee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nik nak wrote:

"whereas I fear that HUY will continue to bumble along and gradually lose the majority of the revenue earning trade."

I don't think so, because all of a sudden it is not 'bumbling along' it is starting to boom. And now that it is providing destinations then people will fly to them. I don't believe either that they will be passengers who are necessarily other airport customers. Half (or more) of the hassle and a considerable amount of the expense of flying is involved in getting to the airport. It is a big put-off, but suddenly if your local airport just around the corner starts flying to all sorts of destinations you'd always wanted to go but couldn't be bothered with the airport hassle, then you think twice. How often do we hear or read that demand for air travel outstrips capacity? Well this is the living proof

In the cold light of day what ticks me off about the whole HUY thing is that if there are this many people (and probably more) wanting to fly from there now, then most likely there always was. The economic benefits to the Humberside region that must have gone begging for years don't bear thinking about. Somebody should be strung up The apparent years of neglect which I can't believe wasn't in some way part of a management policy is the main reason DSA has outstripped HUY so quickly.

By the way, nice to see we can work together. I bet the pax on last nights Malaga-HUY flight weren't complaining about DSA when it had to divert here, probably because of fog. It must have been so much better and easier getting home than having to get back from MAN.

Tim