PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2006, 13:30
atyourcervix73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I DID see the interview. The lady did NOT slam Ryanair, but she did point out the difference in culture between Ryanair & Southwest, and in fact, she and the programmer makers were complimentary of Moll's skill to turn a huge loss maker into such a profitable organization. He was also complimented for his "cojones" to place one of the biggest aircraft orders ever, when the airline business was heading for collapse after 9/11. Unfortunately no-one can deny his ability to make a buck.
It just so happens I saw the interview as well, which is why you will note the comments I made are balanced and without prejudice.
As for the "pikey" word...well feel free to be offended by my comments to suit your own indignant sounding position (and just for clarification here, my terms of reference are different to yours..so that makes me racist?..get real.. I wonder if I'm also racist on account of my dislike of black jelly beans?)
As for the remaining content of the programme, yes there was a certain admiration expressed by the success MOL and his merry band, this did not however disguise the impression that Southwest view's Ryanair's management style as rather distasteful.