PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2006, 13:14
epreye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Judging by what I have read here, many of you jumping to condemn Ryanair did not see the interview. You are just diving in, at the first opportunity to slam the airline for whatever reasons you may have. The thread title is misleading.

I DID see the interview. The lady did NOT slam Ryanair, but she did point out the difference in culture between Ryanair & Southwest, and in fact, she and the programme makers were complimentary of MO'L's skill to turn a huge lossmaker into such a profitable organisation. He was also complimented for his "cojones" to place one of the biggest aircraft orders ever, when the airline business was heading for collapse after 9/11. Unfortunately no-one can deny his ability to make a buck.

I have no allegiance to Ryanair, but you get what you pay for, and probably expect no more or no less. Their recruitment and HR policies might leave a lot to be desired, but most of their crew that I know, are a happy bunch and have no plans to leave, contrary to what some contributors would have us believe.

I do not like the experience of travelling (occasionally) on their aircraft, but they give a service, and I am prepared to accept it whenever I use them. At times they are no worse than some of the legacy carriers. If they gave a seat allocation, it could take away much of the hassle.

I take particular exception to the post from atyourcervix73. The word "Pikey" is a most derogatory term, which has an Irish background, and I consider it to be racist. From your ratings, you do not work for Ryanair, and while you state your "opinion" to be "humble", I think it is either a direct result of your education, or some sort of superiority complex. I would appreciate if you would withdraw the remark.

Being Irish, like the programme makers, I am happy to see two very successful Irishmen (like them or not) at the helm of two of the biggest european airlines.