PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2006, 12:39
SLFStuckInTheBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bottom line is that the majority of pax are only looking for the cheapest flight that goes to roughly where they want to go - or at least what they believe to be the cheapest one through the magic of advertising. They really don't care how they are treated etc. as long as they get to where they want - and treat the flight as though it were just a bus or train journey - and view the pilots as just better trained bus/train drivers!

Very few people will pay extra to fly with an airline because of moral objections to how the cheaper airlines treat their pax/staff. I am proud to be one of those merry few - and have/do/will pay extra - but I bet RyanAir could not care less.

Until pax start voting with their feet and stop using them, RyanAir will continue to go from strength to strength. For things to change, it will require that a cheaper competitor emerges (which is unlikely) or there is an accident that can be laid at the feet of the management. So in a perverse way, I have to hope that they do continue to be successful - because the majority of the pax will not change their views or perceptions.