PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates pilots no longer allowed to fly the plane.
Old 9th Jun 2006, 12:09
Warlock2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There shouldn't be a question of whether a pilot can fly an approach to minimums to the highest degree of safety. If that pilot cannot he has no business being in command of any aircraft ,large or small, carrying the unsuspecting public.
AMEN !

whenever I have any of my family flying on any commercial jet, I would always want Maverick and Ice Man at the front to allow the automatics do it and them monitor those
Spend some time in the sim and you'd be surprised at how many have crashed BEFORE the AP was able to be engaged during V1 seizures. Also, this flight that your family's on, hope they don't encounter windshear, because when the AP runs out of survival ideas guess who's got to fly ???
When the chips are down and no AP's avail, you'd better pray that Mav & Ice didn't spend too much time at EK watching the AP's flying....

Shouldn't we be teaching those who struggle to hand fly to fly rather than stopping those who can from doing so?

Last edited by Warlock2000; 9th Jun 2006 at 12:26.