PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2006, 09:12
atyourcervix73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's about affordable and simple. While possibly not the most popular airline among the pilot fraternity, they have provided a huge number of jobs, they have kick-started quite a number of local economies and have provided air travel to hundreds of thousands of people who couldn't have dreamt of affording air travel 15-20 years ago.
Which is precisely what Southwest have done, in case you havent noticed
There are huge differences between Ryanair and Southwest, however a couple of key things come to mind from a SLF's point of view.
1. Dont expect any customer service from Ryanair, at Southwest you receive a similar level of service to a full-service airline..
2. Most of the Cabin crew speak english as a FIRST language unlike Ryanair.
3. A genuine attempt is made by Southwest to provide a pleasant experience (within the confines of a Lo Co model)..anyone here felt the same way about Ryanair?
As employees...the difference becomes more like night and day, and without going into tedious detail..I know who I would prefer to work for...and the name doesnt start with "R"

Southwest are perfectly entitled to castigate Ryanair...after all, they are bigger than Ryan..and can afford better lawyers.

Last edited by atyourcervix73; 9th Jun 2006 at 18:47. Reason: To show I know how to use spell check