PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANY TIPS FOR QANTAS CADET FLIGHT TESTS?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2006, 04:09
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by wdn
i agree that people's attitude here doesn't put them into a better position to become cadets.....
OK, I'll spell it out a little more clearly for those who are overly pedantic or just can't read into my statement what I was trying to say. Try this instead:

...don't think for a second that the alternative attitude espoused by the rest of you clowns puts you in any better position to get a job as a pilot with QF!
To sum it up, respect cuts both ways and those that think they are 'above', more worthy, better, or otherwise better endowed than someone else just because they did or did not get a cadetship are doomed to miss out on the very thing they desire.

Clear enough?

Originally Posted by wdn
why the gap between the early 70s and late 80s? what happened then?
QF didn't run the cadet course- no need to as heaps of suitable applicants out of GA and the military. Military ROSO was only seven or eight years back then. Late eighties and QF And AN and TN) were expanding at a rate that saw them getting 'insufficient suitably qualified and skilled applicants'- hence the re-birth of the QF cadet scheme just prior to the '89 pilots dispute, '90 Gulf War and 'recession we had to have' put the brakes on recruitement. QF had already signed the deal for the cadets so the first eight courses went ahead graduating about 90 candidates. The contract was for 180 which QF finished off by putting through the 'sef-funded' cadets who started in about 97 or 98 from memory.

Last edited by Keg; 9th Jun 2006 at 04:22.