PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 2
Thread: MANCHESTER - 2
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2006, 22:20
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retail re-development of T1, M.A. Plc strike again ?! What a load of tosh. Stopppppp all spending on major projects, (Just because pax numbers have slipped back a couple of percent 2004 levels)but hey lets throw 25m at retail again ( Third time retailing has been re-developed in ten years), and say its to help passengers have a more pleasant & less stessfull experience! The way to make it less stressfull is to allow them a hassle free throughput from the time of check-in to boarding, something which is only a dream at present. ( What a joy Amsterdam is compared to MANTAT. Case in point.
I arrived at check-in the other day two hours before the flight,at 0530 to spend twenty five minutes in the queue. Only 1 hour thirty-five until dep. time now. The next hurdle was security where it took 35 minutes to complete the task, after winding round the lovely queing system. ( Why does water in a clear plastic bottle have to pass through the x-ray machine??) Only one hour to go now. Got to have something to eat as I missed breakfast, joined the breakfast queue and ate a bacon sandwich. only 40 minutes left now. Time to visit those oh so sweet smelling toilets!! Oh no, on turning the corner into Bog alley, the Urine monster has struck again and left his trail of foul odour once more in the place. Do the urinals ever flush or is it just once every half hour due to water conservation?- ( After washing one's hands how do you move to the dryers, sometimes twenty feet away whilst carrying a jacket and a bag? Oh it appears my hands have dried themselves on the said jacket!!). Leave Bog-hell and look at the screens, which say proceed to gate. Oh well so much for my retail shopping experience. I really must arrive four hours ahead of the flight next time. On second thoughts naaahhh, I'll have my breakfast at home and get there with just an hour and fifteen to go, stuff the shopping, far less hassle that way!!!! ( May still have to visit those toilets though! Do Boots sell nose clips?)