PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEAN And PULSE lines and the effects
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2006, 16:45
fightingchickenplumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
south bound I agree with you the way pulse/lean has been introduced is complete rubbish, I know that in my work place there was no briefing or any other information on how LEAN would impact on us. The info on the intranet is rich on how it provides cost benefits and increases in efficency but scant on how it is to acheive this, i can see how for example to the high ups a jet leaving say TASF on time means the system works,but not if the aircraft has outstanding jobs that the squadrons have to pick up. Like most things being introduced a bit more fore thought on telling the troops and getting their input on the system might pay divid ends. To be honest the main thing i have seen LEAN do is generate more work and provide less man power at the work face to do the job, the net result being longer shifts for everyone and a lowering of morale.

And yes am aware we cant stop it but at least a whinge and a rant makes some of us feel better lol

I think another problem with the LEAN /PULSE system is the management seem reluctannt to accept when the workers can see a problem or an aspect of PULSE doesnt work, maybe if they did the troops would be a bit more receptive to PULSE.