PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stop whining kangaroo
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2006, 13:51
BHMvictim

Chemical Ali. You dont know how things work in Australia. Employees have no say in the direction taken by the employer. We can do nothing to stop Dixons releteless pursuit in the destruction of the good name that Qantas once had. The government is on the side of the employer, not the employee.

Australia cannot be compared to other parts of the world. As an engineer, my options are basically limited to Qantas, GA or moving overseas. Personally, the 3rd option is extremely viable. For those with families, it most definately is not.

At this moment I am in Europe for the second time in 6 months, weighing up my options. Qantas is no longer a good company to work for. It is currently one of the most sucessful airlines in the world, yet staff are constantly fed the "doom and gloom" offle whilst management take the prime cuts for themselves.

You are not familiar with the predicament of QF employees based in Australia. If you have nothing constructive to contribute towards our discussions, other than to dismiss them, then please keep your nose out.