PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEAN And PULSE lines and the effects
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2006, 13:01
South Bound
Hellbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, before we start, I am not defending anything that has happened so far! Clear? Good!

Lean is all about doing things better, more efficiently with less waste. Done properly it should make everyone's life easier. Done properly you should all be involved in what is going on and should be actively encouraged to report back how things are working and how it can be improved.

Remember though, the success or otherwise of the desired improvements will depend upon the outlook of the person. While getting spares from a Unit many miles away might slow a certain piece of work, that might not be a problem if aircraft availability is not impacted and the total number of spares can be reduced. These things are hugely frustrating for many people, but I think that is mainly down to how the need for Lean is communicated.

Make no mistake, it is ALL about saving money. If we can deliver the same capability for less cash then Gordon Brown will be happy. People need to buy into Lean, get involved and have a say in how their work areas will be run.

Personally I think Lean has been handled very badly, but where people are empowered and involved they are quickly becoming converts to it. Bottom line is it is here to stay - crack on with it in positive fashion and make those changes you always wanted. Managers/Leaders - please make sure your people understand why this is happening and how they can make a difference.

Here endeth the Lean sermon.