PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 8th Jun 2006, 10:38
kiwi_r4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by propaganda
iflyg4,
I have recently been offered a DEC B777 fleet and although I was flattered to be offered.I then sat about some serious research, the info, most of which is available on the net. I discovered the facts are very interesting and a little disturbing DXB's bubble will start deflating...a lot of expats are already bailing out...inflation in two digits ..will your salary match spiralling costs ?. I came to the conclusion it wasn't for me. however, if EK want the high calibre crews to fly their shinny new jets, O/seas bases may well work.
Good luck.
Hi Propaganda,

You state after being offered the 7 DEC position you sat down and did some research on EK and Dubai. Your history shows you have researched EK for the last three years. Over the last year or two you have often provided informed commentary regarding EK overseas basings. Why after your recent successful interview did you get cold feet. Inflation and salaries have been a hot topic for the last two years. Don’t tell me PPRuNe successfully scared you away within the last three weeks?

Regards,

Kiwi.