PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2006, 07:47
Strobe lights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help.. need good advice as I might loose my 1st class!!

Well, letīs begin this 2nd part full of thrills with the never ending and JAA unresolved story of the silly and discriminatory colour vision restrictions!!
I posted a new thread about omitting information in the medical form before an initial 1st class exam but I will explain it here as it is colour vision related.
As most of us are in the same boat Iīll try to explain my problem as clearly as possible so if you guys can give me some good advice I will highly appreciate it (obviously donīt expect me to tell you names or countries, etc.. ok?).
Here is the situation.. In my country I failed the colour vision test (that means Ishihara and Beyne lantern and later on in a second attempt, an anomaloscope), but due to the reason that I have an FAA 1st class medical certificate with no restrictions (I know I know, itīs useless) and due to that I donīt trust my country and I have big hopes of becoming a pilot someday and due to that I know that I am colour safe for flying and Iīve heard of similar cases of acceptance of medical certificates between countries and acceptance of different lantern tests, etc.., I thought about giving it another try.
I had a denial in my country due to "colour unsafe" and I decided to give it another try in a different country in one of my many flights around europe. What happened? the country that I went and with wich I did a new initial medical examination used other Beine lantern and guess what? I passed, and they gave me a fresh and brand new unrestricted JAA 1st class medical certificate (can you beleive it?).
And the problem is.. Obviously I asked for acceptance in my country but guess what? no answer to my pleads, nothing, no response, until....
well, tired of waiting I went to talk to one of the responsibles, and here is what he said.. well Mr., you failed with us and that it is finished and closed with us and besides (after they received the files from the JAA country that officially sent them my medical files saying that I passed) you can not go making a puzzle with this, and then I said, well what about if I go to the country that gave me the medical certificate and get the ATP licence? and he said, well then we will tell the JAA and the country at which you passed, we will tell that you failed the lantern with us, and besides that, you didnīt mention in your medical form that you had a denial with us!!!!!
And at the end he said, we will study your case and we might raise it to JAA for a sub-committee, so they can decide.
Ok. besides omitting that info (which I will like to know if I can ammend), it is clearly that these people in my country will find and will do anything for not passing me or accepting anything from me (even though itīs all in JAR).
My questions..
-Will I loose my medical certificate?
-Can I ammend the information that I omitted?
-What happens when you tell that you have been denied a medical ceritificate in another JAA country? They will also denie it? Theyīll treat you different?
-What happens if they tell JAA that I didnīt pass.
-What happens if they raise it to a JAA sub-committee?

Hope to hear from you all..
Thanks,