PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 8th Jun 2006, 00:58
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scroggs (and, in turn, Danny),

I can see your POV but I also believe you have, inadvertently, missed a vital point.

This campaign is totally apolitical - it is only about fellow aviators being put in harm's way - without the proper level of support and protection. The sad fact is that the military 'top brass' are rather reticent, so we have had to by-pass them and target their 'masters'.

These fellow aviators, whom we are all seeking to help, are our brothers and sisters - figuratively and, perhaps, literally in some cases.

Surely, the least we can do is help highlight their predicament? I would have hoped that we could count on the unconditional support of PPrune?

However, no-one is asking PPrune to actually endorse the campaign - only to help raise awareness of the campaign's existence.

You could add a disclaimer, if you so wish.......but I think you won't.

After all, each and every one of us is from the same mould - we have all been infected with the joy of flying and we all share the same desire to 'slip the surly bonds', in some way or form.

The brave souls who are risking their necks in-theatre are our family and I'm absolutely sure we won't want to let them down. Please tell me I'm right?

Flipster