PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PUBS NEAR CRANWELL
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2006, 21:14
lindslow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoilt for choice!!

Thanks for all the advice. 38 replies and I only had time for one pub. It was the Tally Ho just South of Cranwell.
Here's the verdict:-
As it was only a transitional stop we had one drink and a meal. After my French counterpart made it known about his concerns that he had to pay for his food before eating it, we were seated outside in the garden overlooking a marvelous meadow.
The menu was good and certainly not chain pub stuff and we decided on steak.
(This IS starting to sound like a pub review feature)
The fillet steak was delicious and cooked to perfection and came with home made chips, tomatos, mushrooms and onion rings.
As an afterthought there was a microwaved dish of carrot and brocolli, a bit dried out and frankly, unnecessary.
At £14 the seak was perhaps a little overpriced for a pub menu but it was good and the staff were attentive.
As for the beer, we didn't really sample the real stuff and 'convenienced' out on a Fosters.
I'd like to go back in the evening.

As for the flying, Dakota, Chipmunk, Spitfire, Typhoons and Jaguars at Coniongsby, Tutors, King Airs a specially marked Dominie at Cranwell and a 4 ship Harrier take off and return at Cottesmore. But the Raphale is still better (I'm told!!) Only joking Emmanuel if you're reading this!

The next pub next week