PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC120
Thread: EC120
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2006, 18:36
lamanated

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thought I'd add a post on the things I've found after doing a 500 hr inspection on a new machine, that is always hangered,
The tail rotor area sees the most wear.and you are allowed 2 thousands pitting on the leading edge,so operating in sandy conditions will certainly cost you the blade or two in the ships lifetime.
The cap over the assy will wear into the hub body if you don't remove and wipe it regularly.the strap pack will show corrosion also,and most people are giving the pack a shot of LPS 2 on it and working it in, to stop it as well as giving the leading edges of the T/R blades a wipe also if you are near salt water or rain.
The blade retention bolts will show corrision on the head and nut end also in the time. and every drain hole was plugged.
your engine mount will have corroded washers and the spacer will be scrap,and the spherical bearings may be pitted.
the scissors will be not far from being worn as I found the inserts corroded also.
If you haven't read all the tasks ,then do so beforehand as you be scratching your head on what the hell are they trying to tell us to do.

Last edited by lamanated; 15th Jun 2006 at 19:07.