PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greener pastures
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2006, 16:40
Flymix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by essexboy
We have a few septic tanks (cockney for yanks) here at ryanair and they are made feel very welcome I think. I know some of them operate on FAA licences with a yearly dispensation but I don’t know the details. The food thing is bollox you can get any nationality dish in London that you care to choose even American, what is your national dish again? You will have to be prepared to put up with our sense of humour though. The house price thing is true but you will also make money on the ever rising property market if you buy wisely.
I know a couple of your septic tanks at Ryan...they say the same thing. But, reading other threads, I don't know if Ryan is the place to go right now...

I lived the the UK for 8 years and am well aware of the sense of humor (spell it right!). For the record...processed lard is our national dish. Krispy Kream donuts are playing with the idea of a bacon double cheese DONUT! But I have had several deep fried mars bars in Edinburgh....

Does anyone think that having a US accent (of the New York variety...never lost that despite 8 years away) would be a problem for BA? It seems that other posters here have not had a problem with a Canadian accents. But I can't recall ever hearing any accent on speedbird other than proper Queen's english.