PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR: Search & Rescue Ops [Archive Copy]
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2005, 22:21
rjsquirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SARowl,

I don't know who "running in" is but he has it pretty wrong. I hear the Canadian Cyclone S-92 helo is an S-92A in its entire drive train, including engines. The fuselage has the tail fold, too.

The FBW will be a significant difference, but not because it makes the aircraft handle "better." I once flew a Commanche simulator at Ft. Rucker, fly by wire makes the aircraft able to be hand hovered in zero zero conditions. This should be available in the civil version, I will bet, once pilots see what it does.

In its ability to perform a SAR mission, the S-92A outperforms the EH-101 and Sea King in every measure of SAR fitness, including hover performance, tail rotor authority, Hoist suitability, payload, range and speed. Wait for the S-92B if you'd like, you can stand next to helicomparitor and look out that window to watch the S-92A's fly by in the mean time.

And helicomparitor, slap Americans around if you want, but I seem to remember some of your lot pissing around a bit, eh?

My Dad was based in England during the War, but maybe next time, we just might hold back and let the bad guys cross the channel and teach you a new language. It might do you some good, look what mean things you say with the old one!