PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR: Search & Rescue Ops [Archive Copy]
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2004, 06:01
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
Triple Matched Tq - If you had included more of this information in the incident report you would have prevented much of the reaction in the Sea King world. Presumably the Navy Standards and your bosses took it seriously or there would not have been the threat of court martial (an over the top reaction IMO).
I don't have an 'inter-service rivalry' problem but I think that you should have informed ARCC of your limits so a chase aircraft could have been launched.
You would have looked very stupid if your fuel burn had been worse than planned or the transfer had taken longer and you hadn't been able to do the job after all that effort - then another cab would still have to have been launched with a much bigger delay for the casualty.
In this situation it all worked out OK and you successfully got him back to hospital - good effort.
As a QHI would you condone one of your Sqn pilots doing the same thing or would you have given him a rodding out and expected him to be forever contrite.
I would still like to know where the 10% 'limit' that you exceeded is laid down - if it is just hearsay then I suggest it is stated as such before all the Sea King pilots are flashing around above Vmax and the fleet gets even more trashed than it already is.

Maybe next time just put on the incident report that Vmax was exceeded and leave out the deliberate part.

I'll go back to my armchair now!!