PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European pilot unity
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2001, 15:42
Wing Commander Fowler

Red face

Fatbelly

Good god man, I'm quite astounded by your attitude!! I quote:

"But pilot's who want to have a retirement plan, company paid vacation, the chance to bid for their monthly schedules instead of just an assigned line, get paid actual block instead of just scheduled block yet are unwilling to give up 3% of their pay are the scum of the earth and rightly called "scabs" "

How can you misapply such a venemous term as "Scab" to an individual who believes in the principle of personal choice???
If someone elects NOT to become a member of a union you can't outcast him as if he has comitted some dastardly deed. Have you ever thought of communicating with him and asking him why he chooses not to join? It may be that he has a perfectly good reason and any reasonable individual should seek to ask why.Then (and only then) should you be in a position to make a PERSONAL judgement and I stress "personal" because that will remain your very own opinion.

Do you guys over there have unions in the military? If not, which I'm guessing is the case do you refer to your entire Defence (sic) forces as "Scabs"? Jesus H man, if you are representative of your kind you have an awful lot to learn about CRM.

I honestly thought after your original posting that you were defining scabs as individuals who have broken some form of industrial action and not individuals who simply choose not to join your little club.

Would you be from the deep south perchance? A Klu Klux Clan member even?
God help you that's all I can say. But please don't come over this side of the great divide to work. We don't need guys like you.