PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: [Archive Copy]
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2006, 19:43
HeliComparator

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Thankyou SAS for coming once again to Nick's rescue - kind of sweet the way you Yanks stick together (and let's face it, he needs the support). But haven't you dropped him in it just a bit by pointing out his Greek origin? Who else could we expect to be familiar with Greek Mythology that a Greek person?

But seriously, of course I can understand his brand loyalty. My question, as it stated, was not intended to be a subtle (or otherwise) dig at the 92. I don't need to slag it off any more, its reputation precedes it! It was out of genuine interest as I have never operated a fully de-iced helicopter, and never seen a flight manual supplement for a full de-icing system. Here on the N Sea we cope adequately with the famous British Limited Icing Clearance.

One of my policies is that I never take manufacturer's sales talk at face value, so it will be interesting to find out whether the S92 and / or the EC de-icing systems are fully duplex with no common parts that could fail and bring both "channels" down.

And another thing - are you familiar with the meaning of the expression "cowboy" to a Brit?

HC