PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: [Archive Copy]
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2005, 05:20
SASless

Received 573 Likes on 235 Posts
HeliComp....

Perhaps there is a way to resolve this matter like Gentlemen...we know who Nick is...and who he works for. The issue at hand seems to be who you are and who you work for.

I will agree to ask you to disclose that on a forum such as this might cause you some embarrassment or as you suggest, some sort of reprisal by Sikorsky for defaming their product.

I find that last concern to be without merit. The other concerns do have some validity in my view.

I would suggest a PM to Flying Lawyer who is known to be a very august member of the UK legal profession explaining your bona fides would suffice to confirm to a credible source who you really are and who you work for....but allow you to remain merely HC to the readers. Flying Lawyer could upon being satisfied of your assertions as to your name and such....could confirm with a simple yes... or no to us, whether you are in fact associated with Eurocopter or not. That would put that matter to rest.

You claim to be mostly right in your statements......which part of them were not right and bear correcting?

Your question as to why we crash so many of our own "home grown" helicopters in the Gulf of Mexico....has many answers. I started a thread regarding the sometimes questionable safety standards being applied to flight operations in the Gulf of Mexico. As many of the accidents there seem to be caused by bad fuel or engine failures in single engine aircraft as any other cause....closely followed by pilot error. The related question should also be why the home grown aircraft seem to be the favored aircraft.....which unfortunately leads us back to the existing argument about your position regarding anything American.

A quick summary of your posts shows a lot of sniping....lawsuits by Sikorsky for talking bad about their aircraft....care to list a few of the many suits?

Your mistakes ...the ones where you were partly right....care to expound upon the mis-statements you made just to clear the air so we know which ones you mean?

We must not mistake the comment about patriotism causing some refusing of the truth.....can you point out just how that happened?

Nick is justly proud of his former employer's product.....just as EC folks are of theirs....but somewhere in here the truth lies....Nick presents a very credible case when he cites regs and such to justify his statements. It appears from my reading of the posts in this thread and others where the various certification standards were discussed, it appears the S-92 does seem to be the more advanced aircraft.

If that is not so....please set forth your argument by citing the certification standards that prove that. We will all be the better for such an explanation.

As to me being intelligent, articulate, and a truth seeker....there are plenty of folks that would quickly take issue with that statement. I like to think my pursuit of the truth sometimes evokes that reaction in that the folks that resent what I say do so because it is the truth and they don't like the sound of it being said in public. I know I absolutely peeve some folks to distraction.

I yield the floor to HeliComp.